Snabiz, the first OCR application for iPhone
Snap your contacts
Snabiz helps you to import business cards in your Address Book.
Simply take a picture, Snabiz recognizes the text and automatically tags all known fields.
You are presented with a list of all scanned text fields so you can tag everything that you want to import.
Then you can save your new contact in your Address Book.
Unlike the other applications in the AppStore (EverNote, CardSnap, ..) Snabiz uses an in-app OCR engine - which means you don't need an internet connection to OCR the image, nor is the image or data being sent over an (insecure) communication channel!
• accuracy of 95% with new iPhone 3GS camera!
• automatic field detection (phone numbers, address, zipcode, ..) + possibility to overrule them
• shake to clear all detected fields
• Snabiz is using the Tesseract OCR engine (licensed under Apache License 2.0), which is considered one of the most accurate free software OCR engine currently available
• Snabiz does NOT send any data (either image or contact information) over the (insecure) internet; the OCR process is done on your iPhone!
 Please note that if you want to take sharp (and usefull!) pictures of businesscards on iPhone 3G, you do need a special lens in front as the iPhone is currently not capable of taking sharp pictures with its own lens. We suggest the Clarify from Griffin Technology.